Wednesday, February 17, 2010

out of town show...what do you do before the show in order to make it fabulous?

How do you make it worth your while to travel to do a show? I have a show that is a couple of hours a way...that means I will not be here at my house when my kids get home from school...and even though they could stay by them selves, homework would not get done and a meal would not be eaten. So, I have to hire a sitter to come from 3pm until 7pm when my husband gets home. So right now I am about $40 in the hole. In other words, you have to make an out of town show worth your while prior to traveling...

Get a good strong guest list with LOTS of names.
Do great hostess coaching and ask your hostesses to really invite personally with phone calls, hard copy invites, emails, facebook, text messages etc
Call and remind the night before each guest-done
Party is from 4-pm so that all circles of her friends can attend.

Last night my show had little to be desired...not only did I call, send out hard copies, email, Mother Nature decided to snow all over the roads again and only a few people were able to attend...However, my hostess is an avid Silpada wearer and wants the jewels badly and she will come through she says...i will let you know how both parties turned out on an future blog.

How do you like my blog?

Martha

2 comments:

  1. Hi Martha,
    LOVE your new blog - great to see you sharing your daily activities and step-by-step process with your team!
    - Ann
    http://AnnVertel.com

    ReplyDelete