Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I have always wanted to live here...

I am looking out my window of my hotel and i am amazed at how different the lifestyle here in Chicago is vs. Dublin, OH. I love my home and my friends...i love suburbia and how my children can walk to school and i can go to the grocery/bank with such little effort...but i would also love a little Sarah Jessica Parker...just once??? I can here the theme song of Sex in the City in my head and deep down inside i hope my husband is reading this....can we move here someday and experience the city life? What a fun experience for us it would be? I see us doing this when our kids are out of our home and in their own lives and we being retired...
I am not clearly thinking about all the details...i know it will be different. My sister lives here and she is a citified person and says to me, "it isn't all that great once you have been here for a while" but i still want to know that on my own.
My visit has been so fun...the shopping, eating, noise, traffic, culture and opportunity all within moments of my hotel room is so exciting and different from my current life. I see working moms with kids in strollers and women who are just participating in the culture and have the carefree wordly look in their eyes. I hear many a police siren going down the street and no one even looks up, it is a normal happening. So different from what i am used to, and that makes me want to expereince it. Oh, the phone just rang...that is my wake up call, time to get real.

Please follow me...and let me know you are out there. I need to know that i am being read so that i continue this, especially if it is helpful. thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Martha,
    I really like reading your blog and I hope you continue. I feel like it is a good way to stay connected and it is motivating for me to hear what you are doing.

    I can't wait to see the new jewelry and order my own.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha,
    I, too, am enjoying your blog. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us. I have read all you've written so far and feel so much more connected - way out here in sunny California!
    Thanks! Vicki Zellman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dear Vicki and Beth,
    thank you so much for your comments...i shall continue to do this, even if it is only you 2 that follow me!!!
    you have made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be encouraged, sweet Martha! I'm sure there are lots of gals following and learning from your blog. Maybe they are just like me and didn't know about having to "Select profile" to post their comment. I just fumbled my way through and set up a google account. Your story about the cancelled party really helped me with discouragement and I learned how you made lemonade (taking your girls out) out of lemons. Thanks for being real with us! I even shared your story with my husband! Keep the blog coming!
    Vicki Zellman

    ReplyDelete